Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Exercise regimen

It's getting harder to come up with something every day, so basically as soon as something pops into my head, that's what I write about. Today it's my goals for exercising 7 days a week, at least 30  minutes a day.
So here's my current exercise plan that I'm moving forward with: 
  • Monday: 7:15 AM -  'Goalbusters' class
  • Tuesday:  12:30 PM - Gym at the office
  • Wednesday: 7:15 PM - 'Goalbusters' class
  • Thursday: 12:30 PM - Gym at the office
  • Friday: 12:30 PM - Gym at the office
  • Saturday: Heavy bag at home
  • Sunday: Heavy bag at home 
Goalbusters is a 45-minute circuit training class, we have about 6 people on Mondays, and 14 on Wednesdays. I've been doing this class 2x a week for a while now, and I like the variations.
My gym at work has ellipticals, treadmills, a stationary bike, a stairclimber, a few weight machines, and a dumbbell rack. For now I'm doing 30 minutes of elliptical and then shoulder presses and seated rows, but I'm probably going to move to all dumbbell exercises either before or after my cardio.
While there's snow on the ground and below-freezing temperatures, I'll be staying inside and doing 15-20 minutes on the punching bag on weekends. I wouldn't mind getting to mix this up with some walking or swimming once things warm up.
The goal  is to get a minimum level of exercise every day and keep at it. I need to get into the habit of exercising more, and as I lose weight and get back in shape, I want to have the cardio necessary to get back into tennis and kendo.

2 comments:

  1. Is your fitbit helping with this? My daily goal is to get at least 5,000 steps. Now that I have met and exceeded it on most days, I have moved it up to 8,000 per day. I can get even more when I go run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had set it to 5000 but that was too easy, now it is 7500 but I don't always force myself to get enough steps.

    ReplyDelete