Thursday, February 27, 2014

Week 6 Complete!

Well, we're in Week 7 now and I can say that Medifast is solidly into my routine now. I'll post some updated stats, but first... last night's workout in my Goalbusters Circuit training class

Warm-up

  • Passing medicine balls in a circle, 2 minutes
  • Jumping Jacks, 30 seconds
  • Split squat, 30 seconds each leg
  • Ankle mobility, 30 seconds
  • Push-ups, 30 seconds
  • Mountain Climbers, 30 seconds

Partner work (repeat 3 times)

  • Hold a wall squat while partner does 50 body weight squats
  • 50 body weight squats

Circuit:

  • TRX Squats, 1 minute
  • Triceps Extension with 30 lb Kettlebell, 1 minute
  • TRX pull-ups, 1 minute
  • Goblet Squats with a 25 lb kettlebell, 1 minute
  • Penguin walks, with Black Band attached to a wall anchor, 1 minute
  • Chest Presses, Blue and Red band doubled up and attached to a wall anchor, 1 minute
  • Alternating Biceps Curls, 15 lb dumbbell, 1 minute
  • Monster Walks in place, Blue Band, 1 minute
  • Dragging a 200 lb chain between cones, 1 minute (with partner)
  • Dragging a 200 lb chain the other direction, 1 minute (with partner)
  • Heavy Rope, alternating waves, 1 minute
  • Freestyle on the Heavy bag, 1 minute

Core:

  • Modified Jackknifes, 1 minute
  • 6-inches, 1 minute

Stretch

That was a great workout, I really liked how fast we bounced between exercises.

Now, onto this week's progress. Here's my spreadsheets!

Click to embiggen!
Ok, first off, last week's 1.7 drop has bounced back remarkably. This week everything looks pretty solid. Sunday there was no workout to speak of, but it was a D&D day and I just didn't have time to get one in.

Monday we see a bad decision... I'd worked out hard that morning, and never really restored my protein from it, and after a late meeting I was feeling light-headed. I didn't bring a Medifast meal or a snack with me, and so stopped and got some buffalo chicken bites from a gas station. It didn't seem too out of whack, but they ended up being 360 calories and 16 grams of carbs. They spiked my sodium too. Ugh. Lesson learned... check nutrition FIRST, and bring a snack with you.

I recovered by drinking tons of water and doing a lot of cardio on Tuesday, and got a boost by having had big workouts Friday and Saturday as well. But still, bad decision and I'm glad it didn't have any big negative effects for me.

So how am I doing on my goal to 240? Let's look!

Click to embiggen!
Week 6 down, and I'm three weeks ahead of my most aggressive schedule, and 7 weeks ahead of my expected schedule. I still think I've got about 14-18 weeks to go, minimum, as I don't foresee me being able to keep this average up.

My plan is still to hit 240 lbs on Medifast and then get a Hydro static body fat analysis done, see exactly where I am, and go from there.




No comments:

Post a Comment