Thursday, March 13, 2014

Week 8 Complete! Lots of details and stats on this one.

After last week's disappointing gain, my body dumped tons of water and fat this week and I had another 6 pound loss. A pattern is starting to emerge in my numbers (patterns are good! They give some justification for all of this spreadsheeting!)

I'm gonna share a lot of spreadsheet images this week, so let's jump in. First, the Week 8 Detail:


Click to embiggen!
Showing off the tail end of Week 7 as well as all of week 8 here. Now, week 7 was an anomalous week. Visiting family, using a 'foreign' scale multiple days, lots of travel, TONS of stress (driving for hours on snow-covered highways at 15-20 miles an hour, eek!). At the time, last Thursday, I was pretty bummed, but looking back it is clear that with everything going on, it makes a lot of sense. I was worried about over eating and getting off plan, but I think it was all pretty much just stress related from travel.

Week 8, though, has been solid. I had one minor gain after a crazy intense workout day, but outside of that saw drops every day. Also, I baked a chocolate-orange zebra cake for my daughter with homemade dark chocolate buttercream frosting and didn't eat a slice of it. I got to the gym every day, as well, and my diet stayed on track with just the normal extra proteins I eat.

Now lets take a look at weekly progress!

Click to embiggen, not that you really need to on this one.

Here we can see that static week from 6 to 7, and then the 6 pound drop to week 8. I'm still three weeks ahead of my '4 pounds a week' aggressive target, 7 ahead of my desired 3 pound a week goal, and the 1 and 2 pound a week goals are becoming irrelevant quickly as I push them off the chart. This diet is a huge success for me right now, and in fact I'm now weighing less than I ever did when I was on Weight Watchers (Weight Watchers was fairly successful for me briefly, but then plan changes happened and it stopped working for me, and I never bothered to go back to the old way.)

I've also added a graph in my spreadsheet, just because I can. This was more of a joke to myself that came to talking to my friend Sarah about my spreadsheet. It's very basic and not as sexy as some of the other graphs I've made, though.

It's actually rather boring, isn't it?

So that's the story of this week, but I haven't shared a big progress report in a while I thought about typing it out like I did a few weeks back, but instead I'm just going to dump my entire spreadsheet here for you to look at!

This one you really will need to click to embiggen, unless you have Magic Eyes.

Since the last time you've seen this, I've made a few improvements. BMI now color-codes itself based on the number. BMI is a bogus number for me, since I'm male, tall, big-boned, muscular AND fat, and even when I'm not fat I'll still be 4 of those 5 things, but I still like to track it. I'm keeping track of my macros and calories, the super-high sodium days aren't really that much of an outlier insomuch as they are just days I bothered to track condiments in MFP.

Now, that's enough details. Let's talk about last night's Goalbusters class briefly. Christy skipped class to go run in preparation for the 5K she is running for charity (please donate! It's for HavenHouse, a great cause!), and so I went by myself. We had a medium turnout, 10 of us and I ended up being the only guy so I partnered with Mary Jane, as Bob didn't show up either. We got started and here was the circuit:

Warm-up
  • Pass a medicine ball (6, 8, 10, and 15 lbs) for 2 minutes
  • Jumping Jacks, 30 seconds
  • Staggered Squats, 30 seconds each leg
  • Ankle Mobility, 30 seconds
  • Push-ups, 30 seconds
  • Mountain Climbers against the wall, 30 seconds

Partner Warm-up (repeat 2x)
  • Hold a wall squat while partner does 80 body-weight squats
  • Do 80 body-weight squats

Circuit
4 minutes of single-arm kettlebell work, no stopping, just keep going through this cycle until the 4 minutes is up:
  • 5 right arm kettlebell swings (30 lb kettlebell)
  • 5 left arm kettlebell swings (30 lb kettlebell)
  • 5 left arm imbalanced kettlebell squats (30 lb kettlebell)
  • 5 right arm imbalanced kettlebell squats (30 lb kettlebell)
  • 5 right arm kettlebell shoulder presses (30 lb kettlebell)
  • 5 left arm kettlebell shoulder presses (30 lb kettlebell)
Then, 4 minutes of partner work
  • 2 minutes alternating push-ups against a mat-stack (hold a push-up position, partner does a push-up, when they come up, you go down)
  • 1 minute isometric holds (right hand primary), blue band
  • 1 minute isometric holds (left hand primary), blue band
Then back to the kettlebells for double-arm work for 4 minutes non-stop.
  • 5 kettlebell squats (35 lb kettlebell)
  • 5 kettlebell squats into a high row (35 lb kettlebell)
  • 5 kettlebell shoulder presses (35 lb kettlebell)
And finally back to the mats for 3 more minutes
  • 1 minute alternating push-ups against a mat-stack (hold a push-up position, partner does a push-up, when they come up, you go down)
  • 1 minute isometric holds (right hand primary), blue band
  • 1 minute isometric holds (left hand primary), blue band
Cooldown
Stretching and then done.





No comments:

Post a Comment