Thursday, January 30, 2014

Week 2 complete

I've completed week two of Medifast, and it's been successful so far.
The food choices are edible. It's gotten me cooking and eating healthy. My energy levels are up, weight is down, and I'm sleeping better. It isn't negatively impacting my workouts.
We'll try more foods, and learn more recipes, but I think this is something that should be easy to stick with through the next few months. There will be some challenges (Mardi Gras, conventions, cruise) but I don't see anything preventing me from being successful short or long term now.
Deciding to do Medifast has 'set' the desire to eat and cook healthy better than I expected. I've been playing at eating better for several months, but never stuck to it. This is getting me 'stuck in'.
Here are some statistics for weeks 1 and 2:
Week 1:
  • Lost 14 lbs total
  • Biggest daily loss was 4.2 lbs
  • Smallest loss was a gain of 1.1 lbs
  • Average loss of 2.0 lbs/day  
 Week 2:
  • Lost 6.6 lbs total
  • Biggest daily loss was 4.1 lbs
  • Smallest loss was a gain of 0.1 lbs 
  • Average loss of 0.9 lbs/day 
Total:
  • Loss of 20.6 lbs total
  • Average loss of 1.47 lbs/day 
I think that Week 1 was clearly an outlier, week 2 might partially be one. I expect to settle in to 3-4 lbs a week at this point, and for that amount to steadily decrease as I get closer to goal.
At 4lbs/week average, I'll hit goal at Week 23
At 3lbs/week average, I'll hit goal at  Week 31
Two weeks down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment