Thursday, January 16, 2014

Starting Medifast!

I decided it was time to make a significant change in my weight. Diet and exercise wasn't working, and I wasn't really tracking. 
So, I decided to start Medifast. While I know it's not a long-term solution, it has a lot of positives for me...
It's very structured. It lets me indulge my organizational aspects, I'm already setting alarms and making plans for when and how to eat.
It costs a lot of money. Tracking on MFP is free, but buying $300 of Medifast meals means 'this is serious'.
I've got a person doing it with me. We'll be able to keep each other honest.
Yesterday was my last day before we started the plan. So I had Chinese Buffet and Chick-Fil-A to go along with a workout. No workouts are planned for the next week, and nothing should stop us from sticking to the plan through the weekend and get started on it.
While we do have a dinner to go to Saturday night, it's tapas and I'm going to stick to a small grilled chicken and mushrooms, and Sunday is gaming, but that just means we need to let our host know we're eating on our own (and not graze on the snacks at the table).
I'm a little worried about hunger, and will track that here. I had a 'shake' for breakfast (I don't know why they call these things shakes), and I get to/have to eat every 2-3 hours. I've got a bag with 8 Medifast Meals in it, 4 for today, 4 for tomorrow. I only expect to eat 3 of them , but have a spare as a 'just in case'... i'd rather eat one extra Medifast mean than decide I'm starving and need to hit the vendobot.

So far, so good. In 45 minutes, I'm due to eat another meal and I'm not hungry yet. I've got my water here, and will drink some tea if I feel like I need to. I've already cut out all diet sodas and most caffeine from my diet, so I'm hoping that this plan will give me a big jump start. 

No comments:

Post a Comment