Saturday, March 22, 2014

Eating out on Medifast

My wife and I have been very good about not eating out on Medifast, but this weekend we finally had a couple meals out... dinner alone on Friday night, and then dinner with friends tonight.

Both meals worked out great, were on plan, and were a total success.

For Friday night we went to California Pizza Kitchen. I had Grilled Chicken Chimichurri, which was a 6 oz grilled boneless skinless chicken breast and a pile of roasted vegetables... broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, spinach, eggplant, squash, and carrots. It also had a spicy chimichurri sauce on the side.

Stock photo, but this is EXACTLY
what my food looked like!
The mushrooms and eggplant were good, and the cauliflower and spinach were edible in small doses. The carrots were nice and crunchy but not really on the diet so I only ate a couple, and the broccoli was atrocious, but I tried it anyway.

The full meal was under 450 calories and only 19 grams of carbs. Fit perfectly in my macros. It was tough seeing all the pizzas, and turning down the plate of bread, but it worked out in the end!

We'll have pizza again one day, though! And at the rate we're going, it will be pretty soon!

I had expected to cook tonight, but after we hung out at Citygarden taking some pictures, we ended up going to hang out with Zac, Inez, Ezra, and Rose. We wanted to go shopping at the outlet mall and decided to do dinner. We were going to go to Espino's, but the wait was too long and we ended up at El Maguey.

Normally Mexican food would be off the plan entirely, but I ordered off the a la carte menu and got grilled chicken and mushrooms. I ate it with green habanero salsa, and skipped the rice, beans, tortillas, chips, and queso. It was perfectly good, and was a nice change of pace.

El Maguey! I missed you, queso.
So! We managed to go out to eat, stay on plan, and keep our nutrition where it needs to be! We'll still be eating at home most of the time, but it's nice to have a couple of options out there for us that stick to our diet.

And while I'm here... NSV for the night, grabbed a sweater from Eddie Bauer. The XXL was too big for me, but I got it anyway, since I like my sweaters oversized. Woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment