Thursday, March 6, 2014

Week 7 - Posted my first gain for the week

So, I weighed this morning, and after yesterday's ballooning up of retained water, I did't expect much.

Yesterday when I weighed in, it was at 297.1, but I hadn't gone to the bathroom yet. After bathroom and stripping down, it was 296.1. Still bad, but not as bad. That had me backpedaling about a week. So I drank lots of water, and closely watched my sodium, and stuck to my standard Medifast meals and a very basic L&G of fajita turkey breast and mushrooms. However, I noticed something: I really wasn't going to the bathroom enough despite the water I was drinking.

So this morning, when I woke up, I was actually a little surprised that I'd dropped all of my gain from yesterday and a bit more. I was back down to 293.4, which is .4 lbs over my low from last week. However, I still am not peeing like I should be. I've decided that for whatever reason, my body is clutching onto water and not letting go. Maybe it is being a little sick, maybe it was too much sodium, maybe it was workout, maybe it was stress from driving on ice for 60 miles... probably a combination of all four.

After last week's 6.5 lb drop, a rebound week doesn't actually seem out of place. Even with a gain this week, my average is still 5.5 lbs. And, I fully expect to see things 'revert' to normal soon. I know that my caloric intake is within 100 calories or so per day of being accurate, and it is impossible for me to gain fat with my deficit. As soon as I start peeing again, I expect to see another big drop, and then go back to a more steady pace.

click to embiggen!

In other news, the workout last night was insane. We had 11 people show up for our Goal Busters class, and Kevin set up two main stations... a circuit of 7 exercises in one half of the gym, and mats in the other half. So, we did our workout:

Warm-up:
  • 2 minutes of passing the medicine balls in a circle
  • 30 seconds of Jumping Jacks
  • 30 seconds of staggered squats, right leg
  • 30 seconds of staggered squats, left leg
  • 30 seconds of ankle mobility
  • 30 seconds of push-ups
  • 30 seconds of mountain climbers against the wall

Partner work up (repeat 2x):
  • 60 body weight squats
  • Hold a wall squat during partner's squats

Circuit:
  • 1 minute: Standing Rows, Alternating arms (30 lbs each) on the cable machine
  • 1 minute: plank
  • 1 minute: 2 mountain climbers into a pushup against a mat stack, on glides
  • 1 minute: plank
  • 1 minute: Kettlebell Swings (35 lbs)
  • 1 minute: plank
  • 1 minute: Heavy Rope double-overs
  • 1 minute: plank
  • 1 minute: Bosu Balance with dumbbell clean and press (15 lbs each)
  • 1 minute: plank
  • 1 minute: run against an anchored heavy band
  • 1 minute: plank
  • 1 minute: monster walks with a blue band
  • 1 minute: plank

Cool down and stretch

After class I went home and watched Survivor (Yay! Survivor is back on!) and had a Medifast smoothie. Normally I use chocolate pudding for these, but this time I screwed it up and it was actually not bad. 

Medifast Dark Chocolate Smoothie
1 Package Brownie Soft Bake
1/2 cup cold water
1 1/2 cups crushed ice
1 Tbsp PB2 powdered peanut butter
1 Tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
Put all ingredients in your blender (I use a Ninja). Blend the ever-loving heck out of it. Check consistency and add ice  if too thin, water if too thick. Pour into a glass and eat with a spoon or drink through a straw.
It was thinner and less 'creamy' than the pudding-based smoothies I make. I think I can revisit this though, and add light cream cheese to it to thicken it up and give it that dairy hit that it was missing. 

Ok, my first 'bad' week is over and done with on this plan. Time to keep working and erase this! I've got 5 weeks til PAX and 7 weeks til Geekway, and I want to be in better shape for both of them!




No comments:

Post a Comment