Thursday, March 20, 2014

Week 9 defeated!

This week wasn't looking great for the first half... I wasn't staying hydrated and combined that with a couple heavy workouts and I had gains early. But then, I focused on my water, made sure I was eating reasonably, and the last three days saw me ditch all that water I'd latched on to.

Here's my stats!

Click to embiggen!
Saturday was a crazy day, I know I already posted about it, but a giant workout, cleaning house, a couple of long walks... I made the continually sub-par choice of turkey jerky as a snack, as well.

That said, I recovered well and saw the water weight melt off. My average is still trending down towards 4 pounds a week, as well.

How are we doing on our goals, though?

Click to embiggen
284 pounds! This weigh in was when it clicked that I was no longer 'Over 300 lbs'. I haven't been for a few weeks, but this was the week when I realized that if I quit Medifast right now and just followed a reasonable diet and exercise plan, I'd stabilize under 300 instead of over 300.

Obviously, that's not good enough. But it's nice to see! I'm three weeks ahead of the 4 pound/week schedule, and nearly 2 months ahead of the 3 pounds/week schedule. 

I've got a couple of mini-goals ahead. First, I'm going to PAX East in 3 weeks. I really want to be 275 pounds for this. That will have me in better shape than I've been in for a decade if not more. Flying should be a lot more comfortable at this weight, as well... the last time I was on a plane I was likely between 315-330 lbs.

Second is Geekway to the West in two  months. I'd like to be 260 for this. Last year at Geekway I weighed around 325 or so (I wasn't keeping good records, so this is an assumption). Getting down to 260 is doable and would have me in better shape than I've been in for about 15 years. (Actually, more than that... the last time I was at 260, I was doing no weight training at all, it was all cardio and martial arts... I was in decent shape, but I'll be in better shape this time when I get back there).

Oh, and before I forget, I had a workout last night! Only 5 of us showed up so I partnered with the instructor and here's what we did! (it was the last night of the session, so we got hammered. Next week we start fresh and it will be easy again!)

Warm-up
  • Passing medicine Balls in a circle (5 people, three balls... 10, 12, and 15 lbs) 2 minutes
  • Jumping Jacks, 30 seconds (I got 37 in this time)
  • Ankle mobility, 30 seconds
  • Split squats, 30 seconds each side
  • Push-ups, 30 seconds
  • Mountain climbers against the wall, 30 seconds
Partner Warm-up (repeat 2x)
  • Hold a wall squat while partner does squats
  • 100 body-weight squats
Partner Circuit (repeat 3x)
  • Seated double waves with the heavy rope (simultaneous with partner, on a mat), 1 minute
  • Kettlebell squats, 35 lbs (alternate squats, handing off kettlebell each time), 1 minute
  • Isometric Holds, blue bands, 1 minute each side
  • Wall squat with a medicine ball bounce pass across the gym, 15 lbs, 1 minute
Cooldown
  • Stretching
That ended the session. Next week Christy and I are back to Monday and Wednesday nights for the new Goalbusters session. 


No comments:

Post a Comment