Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Goalbusters class and Fitbit weekly update

Last night started the Spring Session of our Goalbusters fitness class. Whenever we start a new session, the intensity is ratcheted down a bit for the newbie, which means I try to increase my effort on the exercises.

I partnered with Bob last night and we had a good circuit. I'm up about a pound today, I expect that's part of the reason I saw such big losses recently... no gym workouts this weekend (we were too busy), so my muscles aren't holding onto as much water.

Warm-up

  • Pass medicine balls in a circle, clockwise, one minute
  • Pass medicine balls in a circle, clockwise, one minute
  • Jumping Jacks, 30 seconds (I did 42 jumping jacks!)
  • Ankle mobility, 30 seconds
  • Split squats, right leg front, 30 seconds
  • Split squats, left leg front, 30 seconds
  • Push-ups, 30 seconds
  • Mountain Climbers against the wall, 30 seconds

Partner Warm-up (repeat 4x)

  • 15 body weight squats
  • Hold a wall squat while partner does 15 squats

Circuit
Station 1 (repeat 2x)

  • Kettlebell Squats, 35lbs, 30 seconds
  • Triceps Extensions, Blue band, 30 seconds

Station 2

  • Cable machine 'woodchoppers', 27lbs, right arm, 30 seconds
  • Dumbbell clean and press, 12 lbs each hand, 30 seconds
  • Cable machine 'woodchoppers', 27lbs, left arm, 30 seconds
  • Dumbbell clean and press, 15 lbs each hand, 30 seconds

Station 3 (repeat 2x)

  • Double waves on the heavy rope, 30 seconds
  • Bicep curls, blue band, 30 seconds

Station 4 (repeat 2x)

  • Bosu Balance, 30 seconds
  • Lunges with a body bar shoulder press, 22 lbs, 30 seconds

Station 5 (repeat 2x)

  • TRX Pull-ups, 30 seconds
  • Medicine Ball bounce passes, 15 lbs, 30 seconds

Ab Work (on mats)

  • Bridges, 30 seconds
  • Hip thrust, right leg up, 30 seconds
  • Hip thrust, left leg up, 30 seconds
  • Bridges, 30 seconds

Cooldown and Stretching

As I was writing this, my Fitbit weekly report came in. I should probably save it for tomorrow's blog post, but it's here now... so I'll at least post it. I may go into detail on it tomorrow though, so maybe this is just a teaser!

Click to embiggen!

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! What kind of fitbit do you use that tracks of all that?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a FitBit Force. It and the FitBit One both track all of this, I've got it linked to Myfitnesspal and that brings in all the calorie info. I wear it at night to track sleep.

    ReplyDelete