Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Monday Night Workout, and working out at PAX

Last night was our second week of the new session of Goalbusters, and we had a pretty awesome workout.

Warm-up:

  • 60 seconds Passing medicine balls in a circle
  • 30 seconds Jumping Jacks
  • 30 seconds ankle mobility
  • 30 seconds split squats, left leg
  • 30 seconds split squats, right leg
  • 30 seconds wall push-ups
  • 30 seconds mountain climbers

Partner warm up (repeat 3x)

  • 30 squats
  • Wall squat while partner does 30 squats

Circuit (45 seconds each station)

  • In-and-out waves on the double heavy rope
  • Mountain climbers on glides
  • TRX Pushups
  • Bosu wall squats
  • TRX reverse lunges
  • 35 lb kettlebell goblet squats
  • Blue resistance band bicep curls
  • In-and-out waves on the double heavy rope
  • Freestyle on the heavy bag
  • Blue resistance band triceps extensions
  • Lunges with a 22lb body bar
  • 35 lb kettlebell goblet squats
  • 60 lbs standing rows on the cable machine

Mat work

  • 45 second plank (repeat 3x)
  • stretching
It was a really good workout! 

ZOMG PAX!

This weekend I'm going to PAX East, and I hope to be able to workout in the mornings at the hotel. I know I'll be doing a lot of walking, but I really want to keep my exercise regimen going as much as possible, and I know my lean and green meals will be iffy since I'll be reliant on convention food. Getting in a couple of good workouts makes a lot of sense. 

The hotel should have a workout room, and if nothing else I expect there will be an EFX, treadmill, and dumbbells. That will be enough to get in 30 minutes of cardio and a brief weight routine each morning. Now let's just make sure I actually have the drive and make that happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment